Thursday, July 5, 2012

Blog, Blog, Blog

The title of this post sounds like something my daughters would say after I’d ask them to empty the dishwasher for the 3rd time.  However, it is in fact, what I hope to do a lot more this year.  I started blogging a year ago and turned out two of the most wonderfully intense, thought provoking blogs I have ever written.  I wrote, edited, rewrote, edited some more, and after what seemed like a month and a half, I had a 3 paragraph blog I finally felt good about posting.  My excitement about blogging waned and, up to the point where I hit the Publish button for this blog, those remained my only two (but wonderfully thought provoking) blogs to date.

I just returned from ISTE12 and feel rejuvenated and excited about blogging once again.  I hope that this time will be different.  I went to several sessions where educational bloggers discussed their first blog posts and the importance of just getting your thoughts down for no one else but yourself.  They don’t have to be long, serious, or even intensely thought provoking.  In fact, they don’t even have to be about education, however, I don’t think I will try this anytime soon.  One prominent edublogger discussed having a humorous thread running through his blogs. .On the ride home from San Diego to Phoenix with my good friend and colleague, we discussed blogging about day to day events that happen in the classroom.

Now I don’t think that a year from now I will have 367 blog posts to my credit, but I do hope to have more than 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment